Aboriginal Indigenous BU Portal

Boozhoo, Tansi, Welcome Back Please Sign In

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Boozhoo, Tansi, Welcome Back Please Sign In

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where we share our past, present and future visions as students sharing stories and experiences to help support one another during our many transitions in university.

Affiliates

2 posters

Tips on Writing a Cover Letter

admin
    admin
    Admin

Tips on Writing a Cover Letter Empty Tips on Writing a Cover Letter

Post  admin Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:52 pm

A cover letter should show your potential employer that you have read the job ad carefully and you actually give a rats arse about it.

Above is an useful post by one of our members giving everyone a general insight into what a cover letter should be like.

To summarize, your cover letter should:

* Be Clear and to the point, and clearly link your experience to the role being advertised. No essay language necessary they don't have time to think about how you went in your English HSC.

* Be no more than three to four paragraphs long. Time is money, your potential employer needs to sort through A LOT of applications. If you show that you are considering things from their point of view, you will stand out

* Be positive about yourself. Make the hiring manager interested in reading your resume. If you can convince yourself you are the best person then there is a good chance your employer will think so too.

The cover letter should NOT:

* Be a summary or repetition of your resume because that would just suck.

* Be a uniform letter you send with all job applications. That shows you don't give a rats arse and you're not willing to spend the amount of time and effort on it.

http://www.australiaworks.com.au/resume-tips/a-cover-letter-can-do-wonders!
    N1C0LE
    N1C0LE

Tips on Writing a Cover Letter Empty Be gentle here is my cover letter, got feed back?!

Post  N1C0LE Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:08 am

Nicole P. Will
    101-17718 60 Ave
    Surrey, BC, V3S 1V2
    778-574-2484
    Nicole.p.will@gmail.com

February 25, 2010

The Cash Store
    202 – 20300 Fraser Highway
    Langley, BC V3S 4E6
    Email: c98@csfinancial.ca

Dear Human Resource Manager;

It takes a certain kind of individual to be able to thrive in an administrative environment; the daily pressures and changes as well as the responsibility and organization, can all be intimidating or inviting. With my administrative and customer orientated work history and my current training in human resources through Kwantlen University, I feel confident I have the qualifications you described in your advertisement, as well as being able to become part of an amazing team.

As you will see on the attached resume, I have had administrative work experience in working under pressure with tight deadlines and a heavy work load. As an administrative assistant for Steeplejack Industries, I helped my team transition to a new operating system by finding and fixing past billing errors and addressing customer complaints, all while maintaining data entry for employees to receive payroll.
    Meanwhile my current educational courses in professional communication, business ethics and human resource management have helped by providing me with knowledge of clear, concise writing, and the ability to look at situations from more than one stand point.

This brief description of my qualifications and the additional information on my resume demonstrate my genuine desire to put my problem solving and interpersonal skills to work for you. I would like to discuss with you how I may do that.

Sincerely,

Nicole P Will

Enclosed: Resume
    admin
    admin
    Admin

Tips on Writing a Cover Letter Empty Tips on Writing a Cover letter

Post  admin Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Nicole,

Your cover letter is awesome. The first sentence catches my attention right away! I wonder if the "and's" could be restructured, maybe one and and then comma's. The rest of your letter is awesome, and without changing it at all, it would land you a job for sure! flower

Sponsored content

Tips on Writing a Cover Letter Empty Re: Tips on Writing a Cover Letter

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:45 pm